04 May 2009

Hives...

Well, for the past 2 months or so, I have been getting hives. Nasty ones too. they get huge, and wont go away with anything. We thought it might be this new laundry detergent my mom bought. but no we switched it, and I still got them. I have tried so many products, it is unreal. At first it started out to just be ones on my back, arms, legs, and upper body. but lately they have gotten so disgusting on my legs. I fell like such a freak. At track mm, eets when I get them, people stare at me like i have this contagious disease, and they won't talk to me.
I stay up late in the night scratching and not sleeping. It has been an itchy 2 months. but, on Friday a lady is coming to see what is causing these horrible irritations. And the good news is she isn't giving me any shots. just pushing pressure points, making me hold different things I am might be allergic to. And then hopefully I will be hive free.
So, Friday is a big day. I might get rid of my hives, and I have elections for student council. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Oh, Stella. I know your pain. I first started getting hives when I was 12 and still get them occasionally. I've learned that I get them when I'm exposed to cold temperatures/water, I also got them as a reaction to penicillin, and I've also learned they can be caused by stress. Of course, there's always food and environmental allergies...I hope you're able to identify what it is and get some relief! I finally went to an allergist to be tested and am now taking shots for 2 years to be "cured" of my allergies. Here's hoping. Keep me updated. (I think this must be the longest comment I've ever written!)

Heidi said...

That's funny -- when I was reading this I was thinking about Lindy!

I hope you find a solution Stella!

KatSpy said...

Hey Stella. I have got them on rare and few occassions. I think they were stress induced. ;o) Sorry sweetie. It's obviously in your genes. :( Hang in there. mwaw!