22 May 2009

8th grade promotion

well yesterday was my 8th grade promotion. it was a really long day. first i got up at 7:15. got ready to go to the auditorium. got to the auditorium and sat in my seat with my homeroom. then i got my certificate and a plaque for playing all 4 sports and going to all-state choir. watched a slide show of all the 8th graders and their baby pictures. i cried on toria's pictures. then afterward took some pictures with toria and all my friends.




Kylie getting promoted









Me & Kylie in line to get our certificates for sports












Me receiving my awards











Taylor receiving her awards









Toria getting her awards






Then since mom and dad had work, i went to a friends house until noon. Then at noon we went to becker lake for a party for the 8th grade. i would've jumped in but i had been in lyman lake the night before. had some hot dogs, brownies, and cupcakes. then it got really cold and started to sprinkle so we got in a friends 5 -seater car with 11 people. then ate some war heads and went to another friends house.

Got to my friends house at 2:30. sat in her bedroom and napped/ talked for 3 hours. then we got ready to go to our promotion party at seven.

Got to the promotion party and danced. I was awarded: Going to be best grandparent, with anohter kid. Ate pizza and took a ton of pictures. Danced some more and just had a good time. Then Toria had to leave to St. George for a little. I cried so hard and so did all my other friends. It was really hard. I just broke down when she drove away. I love her so much! Then a few other kids were having a parties and i didn't want to go to any of them, neither did a few other friends, so at last minute we decided to go to my house for a little bit.



Taylor, Stella, Kylie (we are crying if you cant tell)








All my friends! (most of us were balling our eyes out)






Went home Early to clean up the upstairs. My friends showed up and we played boxer and briefs.*awesome game* We played it for a really long time. then we played a little ping pong. Then we got out the rock band and went to town. It was really fun, and i am glad for friends who help me so much. I am grateful that i was able to get promoted. and i am really nervous for high school. It was an extremely hard year, and i cant believe its over. I will miss toria and all my holbrook friends over the summer.



Lamoni, Dustin, Rachel, Stella, Kylie, Taylor, Thomas

4 comments:

Lindy said...

Congratulations, Stella, on your promotion and all your awards! Have a wonderful summer...I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Heidi said...

Yes Congrats!!

I remember feeling nervous about HS and the future. But try not to worry -- you are one awesome chick & you will have a great time in HS!

love your guts!

KatSpy said...

WooHoo. (sing with me Dora, I mean Stella) We did it! We did it......Yeah! High School will be more memories and more fun. You'll have your big bro. to show you the ropes. You will do great and I'm sure you'll LOVE it!

Shayla said...

Congrats Stella. I haven't checked in for awhile. Make sure and post about the family trips and more teary-eyes when Jeff takes off. I hope it isn't too long before we all get together again. Love you!